A strong team of full-time, in-house research staff is essential to support the research efforts and initiatives at ACI.
The institute is presently recruiting Research Fellows, Research Associates and Project Officers to expand its research team.
Please send in your detailed CV to us at
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted via email.
The roles include:
- Lead, plan and organize ACI research projects, in collaboration with academic principal investigators
- Conduct and oversee data collection efforts
- Perform statistical analyses of data
- Compile and present report findings to clients and media
- Co-author academic journal publications with project principal investigators/faculty
- Co-author white papers and articles for the mainstream media and industry readers
- Contribute to ACI’s wider research initiatives through additional administrative tasks including e.g. contributing to the writing, collation and submission of external grant applications, securing institutional review board (ethics) approvals for projects, procurement of specialized research services, organizing research workshops/conferences, etc.
- Serve as an ambassador as well as a bridge between industry and the ACI
As ACI projects tend to be heavily applied and have an industry-practice slant, and many of the principal investigators are academics, the ACI Research Fellow/Associate will be expected to perform the role of bridging academia and practice in executing the projects e.g. to convert research findings into industry viewpoints or actionable insights and contribute practitioner perspectives to the projects. Similarly, the ACI Research Fellow/Associate will need to maintain strong relationships with ACI’s industry partners and be able to interact frequently and comfortably with industry executives so as to understand their knowledge needs.
In addition to directly supporting research at the project level, ACI Research Fellows will be expected to assist the ACI Deputy Director and Director of Research and Development in driving the overall institute research programme and directions. This aspect of the job will include participating in research planning meetings and contributing to the writing of in-house research strategy documents.
- A minimum of Masters (by research) for a Research Associate
- A minimum of Ph.D. for a Research Fellow
in a relevant field e.g. Marketing, Business, Psychology and/or any other fields related to consumer insight from a research-oriented university. Candidates should have at least a year of practical work/internship experience working on industry-oriented (preferably marketing-related) projects at a research institute or commercial research agency. Candidates with demonstrable experience in statistics, psychophysics (including both the design, programming and analysis of response time experiments) and mainstream market research will be favourably considered.
The roles include:
- Management and administration of ACI’s Grant Call exercise e.g. publishing the grant call, collating and summarizing grant applications, providing secretarial support to the ACI Research Evaluation Panel (REP), coordinating and collating revisions to grant proposals, awarding of grants, liaising with academic Principal Investigators etc.
- Management of approved ACI grants e.g. monitoring project progress, spending, research publication outputs, etc.
- Management of ACI Fellows e.g. appointment of Fellows, handling enquiries, collating research publication outputs (under EDB KPI), etc.
- Administrative support to the Director, Asst Director (R&D) and the Research team.
- Assisting in and/or supporting ACI consultancy and/or in-house research projects e.g. carrying out literature reviews, preparing research and administrative documents, data collection and reporting of findings.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field e.g. Marketing, Business, Psychology and/or any other fields related to consumer insight from a research-oriented university. Candidates should have at least 1-2 years of practical work/internship experience working on industry-oriented (preferably marketing-related) projects at a research institute or commercial research agency.